The aim of this hands-on programme is getting young people introduced to DJing – on the decks.
However, A solid foundation is needed. So working on their emotion management and social skills is an imperative part of this programme and will be addressed through music.
This programme will cover everything needed to become a DJ. Young people will learn how to count music, beat match by ear and learn how to record and analyse their performance.
Our SAAAB DJ instructor (owner of SIMMZ MUSIC) has a vast amount of experience in instructing in educational and social care settings and a well-respected reputation on the nightclub scene nationally and internationally.
After completing this programme, young people will understand exactly the importance of controlling their behaviour and know what is needed to become a successful DJ.
• Understanding and controlling emotions
• Learning how to count music and understanding the meaning of beats, bars and phrases
• How to beat match
• Timing (the structure of songs)
• The importance of your song selection
• Understanding the most important functions on DJ equipment
• Customer/social skills
• Dealing with Aggressive and Antisocial behaviour
• Recording your mixes and analysing your performance
• Branding/promoting yourself as a DJ
If you would like to learn more about our SAAAB Through Music DJ programme, then please contact us.